Sunday, 16 November 2014

All Those Pretty Lights

A while ago, I was watching a few episodes of Pretty Little Liars to relax after a long week of school, and heard a pretty sick tune in the background of one of the scenes. I didn't think much of it for a while, thought it was cool, but I didn't bother searching it up, since my mind went into several different places, after watching the show.

Remember this episode? When Toby made a mix CD for Emily? It was this scene!
A few days later, I found myself scrolling down Twitter, to find that the actress in that scene of the show, posted a link to the song I heard. It was by an Indie artist named Andrew Belle. 
Not only is he my favourite Indie Artist now, but I've had the biggest crush on him for so long!
The song was called "All Those Pretty Lights".

I can't tell you how many times I searched up the meaning to that song, hoping I could understand what Andrew meant by each and every line that happened to consume my thoughts in an instant.

Floods of memories came crashing through, visions of the future came to life, voices started taking control of my mind, and all I could do was stop and listen. The moment I listened, the moment I stopped, was when I realized just how much I was really going through.
This cover art has meant so much to me these past few years.
Friendships were broken, hearts were wounded, heads were spinning, and chests were ripped open; people hoping for things to change without making a move.

-- this song came along, and changed the game. 

I didn't really think that one song could ever change anything for me, but this one definitely did. It took every boundary I had, and broke it. Every stage of my life comes along differently, and with each stage, the meaning of the song changes for me. 

I know this song was God sent, a message from Him, and every time I hear it, I know He's singing to me, telling me it'll all be okay.

What does it mean for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment