Saturday, 20 December 2014

How Are You Really?

Every now I then, I try my best to go see one of my really good friends. There's only one place I can ever go see her, and sometimes she's not in the place where she says she'll be, so I have to kind of find my way to track her down, and each time I try, if I really have the intent to go see her, I end up finding her.

The sad thing about it is, it's so easy for me to find her even on the most difficult of days, but she can't seem to find herself.



She took me aside one day and just told me everything that was going on with her, stuff I didn't know about before, and I just thought to myself: "Wow, you've been so ignorant."

I only say this because she's been a source of happiness of mine for quite some time, although she's not aware of it, and while I've been able to find happiness in being around her, she's been struggling with finding herself the whole time.



I understand, it's one of those: "Well, she's not your responsibility" or "You have control over who you have a moral obligation to" type of situations, but to be honest, the only reason why I'm kind of blaming myself for this is because I just want the best for her.

I mean she's such an amazing friend. She even took me out of the forest at one point. If you didn't know, I was stuck in that place for a while, and to be honest, I still find my way there on a few occasions, but for some reason, when I'm stuck in there, she's so quick to find a way to get me out pronto, even if she doesn't know I've ever been lost there in the first place.



I guess what I'm trying to say is, she's such an important, inspirational figure in my life, and to know that she's going through a tough time really takes a toll on me because all I can really hope for is for her to find that happiness somewhere: especially within herself.


And I think that at some point, that's what we're all called to do. We're called to find happiness in ourselves. Sometimes it can get tough, but to be honest, I think it's because we're all reaching in the wrong direction. We just have to find our path, and make our way there.




No comments:

Post a Comment