Thursday, 20 August 2015

A Tribute to Tita Emy.

From my own experiences, the most common question asked is, "What is the meaning of life?". The second most common question asked is, "Why do the good suffer bad?" or more articulately, "Why does God, if He is so good, let people suffer?"

Good questions, huh?

I don't always like talking about personal issues on my blog, but recently, I lost one of the most important people in my life. I felt like writing this as a tribute post to her. A lot of people are sending their condolences, and it really means a lot, but I think writing about her would be appropriate. Although I did say that there will never be enough words in the world to bring her justice, I hope this post will help drive a special point, and will hopefully bring honour to the amazing, inspiring, and beautiful life she led here on Earth.

Her name was Tita Emy (Tita being a Tagalog term for "Aunt"), and she was a lot of things to me.

She was a mentor, because if not for her, my whole life's love affair for music would not be born, and I most certainly would not have been able to push myself to learn the guitar within 3 months time. To be honest, the only reason why I wanted to learn in the first place was so I could join her in playing for worship during assemblies. We belong to this community called Couples for Christ, and she was one of the leaders for the family ministry called Handmaids of the Lord. The first time I met Tita Emy, she actually brought my mom and I to a gathering, in which she played the guitar and taught me right then and there, how to worship and how to dance and sing for the Lord. From that day on, I was inspired to learn how to play the guitar, and within 2 years of seeing her play, I decided to pick one up for myself and join her in the music ministry.

She was an inspiration, because through the birth of my love for music and my prompted ability to play the guitar, she was able to teach me just how to do things right. She taught me to play music passionately, to listen to it meticulously along with a care free attitude, to perform it humbly, and most importantly, to love it with every inch of my existence.

She was a compass, because through her I had direction in my love for God. Not to mention, she literally brought me everywhere she went, (with my mom's permission of course) and showed me just how she got to places with her "public transit-esque" car. It was just a small, simple car by the way, but it felt like you could fit 3 different cities in there, which in fact, her passengers happened to originate from 3 different cities all arguably far from one another. She was an example of true dedication because if she brought you to an event, she would definitely be bringing you home no matter how far you lived.

She was my limitless soldier. She was always ready to dive head first into service for the Lord. Whether she needed to pick you up on the other end of the Earth, or call you every week to make sure you were fine, or even meet up with you at 1am in the morning after work which she actually loved doing with us, it was never too much for her.

The sad thing is, her passing was just too much for everyone to handle. She was like my second mother and treated me like her own. She was like a sister to many others, and always claimed to be their sister in Christ. It really is hard to see her go.

Which brings us back to the question, "Why does the Lord, if He is so good, let others suffer?". Actually, most of us who knew of her passing were in common agreement that the Lord did not allow for her to suffer during her last few weeks here with us, but it really makes one think about this question.

When it comes down to it, none of us can really understand the mystery of life and its inherent uncertainty. It is with great faith that we live everyday, hoping and praying that we wake up the next, but that's the thing, we don't know just when our time is up.

Tita Emy's passing was a lesson for many, an eye-opener per se, because even her departure was a mystery for all of us, however, if not for moments like this, we would never be able to truly grasp the goodness and the beauty that spans across our life time.

It is in death that we realize just how glorious and indescribably wonderful life is.
It is in sadness and grief that we see the possibility of joy and happiness.
It is in suffering that we see hope for a better future.
It is in mystery that we the great potential for it to be solved.

The Lord has been good to all of us by giving life to, and introducing to us one of the most saintly people we've ever met. A beautiful woman who now looks down on us and prays for us all the time. She is not physically with us anymore, but she will eternally join us in spiritual growth and everlasting joy.

We love you Tita Emy. Goodbye for now, we'll see you later!

Ephesians 2:4-6 "But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus."





No comments:

Post a Comment